General recruitment rules and regulations adopted by "South Star LTD."
General requirements for seafarers:
* Qualified in accordance with the requirements of STCW 1978/1995
* proficient in English
* medically fit
* duly trained and experienced to operate assigned vessels
The documents required:
* Reference (or any other documents from your previous employer, attesting to your recent experience)
* Seaman's Book / Passport
* Civil Passport / International Passport
For Officers -
* National License and endorsement (it should be valid at least for next 12 months from date of application).
* STCW - 95 certificates (Medical aid, survival techniques, fire fighting, etc.)
* Medical Book with International certificate enclosed
* Vaccination certificates - yellow fever, cholera
* GMDSS (for deck officers)
* ARPA & Radar training certificate (for deck officers)
* Tankerman or LPG certificate / endorsement - for specific vessels
For Ratings -
* AB, Motorman or Electrician certificate.